Are you a high school student who dreams about studying abroad as a foreign exchange student? The Rotary Youth Exchange program is a scholarship program tailor-made for you. Study Abroad with Rotary Youth Exchange!
Rotary Youth Exchange builds peace one young person at a time. Students learn a new language, discover another culture, and truly become global citizens. Exchanges students are sponsored by Rotary clubs in more than 100 countries. A Rotary Youth Exchange student will be an ambassador of his or her country and city, sponsoring Rotary Club and school. They will share their culture, language and country with fellow students, host families, Rotarians, new found friends and sometimes children, organizations and statesmen in the community and country that hosts them.
Rotary Youth Exchange Information Session – Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 7:00pm in the W. J. Thompson Room at City Hall
2024/2025 Application Due Date – Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 5:00pm
2024/2025 Potential Exchange Student Interviews – Saturday, September 30, 2023 at Bethel Bible Chapel
What are the benefits?
Exchange students unlock their true potential to:
- Develop lifelong leadership skills
- Learn a new language and culture
- Build lasting friendships with young people from around the world
- Become a global citizen
How long do exchanges last?
Long-term exchanges last a full academic year, and students attend local schools and live with multiple host families.
What are the costs?
The Study Abroad Scholarship includes the following:
- Hosting by foreign Rotary Club
- Primary tuition and placement in school approved by foreign Rotary Club
- Homestay accommodation including meals with your host family
- Monthly stipend from hosting Rotary Club
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure (i.e. met at the airport or final destination by a program representative)
- 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance throughout the program
- Secondary travel and medical insurance, accident, ill health, repatriation and third-party liability
- Some in-country orientations
Program does not include: (Parents/Students are responsible for the following costs.)
- Program fee, including conferences and administration – $1,350 USD
- Primary insurance for travel and medical, accident, ill health, repatriation, and additional coverage against third party liability – approx. $1,050 USD (based on 2018/2019 fee)
- Airfare/transportation, passport and visa application fees, and other travel costs – ranges from $2,100 to $3,800 USD plus taxes and fees
- Other miscellaneous costs: some in-country orientation or language programs, optional tours and trips, spending money, recreation (varies by student)
Approximate total required costs: $4,500 – $6,200 USD
Applications are due by 5:00pm on Thursday, September 28 2023.
How can I apply?
Applicants planning to depart in August 2024 MUST:
- Be born on or after February 1, 2009
- Be born on or before February 1, 2006
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA (approx. 80% average) over their last two years of school