The Sault Community Career Centre is now accepting applications to be in its free youth summer job program starting in July.
Through the Transition to Independence Program, youth between the ages of 15-30 get job skills and hands-on paid work experience with local employers. While in training, youth get a living expense equal to minimum wage.
- A living expense equal to minimum wage while in training.
- Up to 7 weeks (30 hours per week) of customized employment skills training, mental health and wellness support, customer service skills, and more!
- Free certificate training based on your needs, such as Smart Serve, First Aid, Food Handler Certificate, WHMIS, etc.
- A paid work placement with a local employer at minimum wage to develop skills through a supportive on-the-job experience based on your employment goals and abilities.
- One-on-one coaching to put your employment plan into action.
- Childcare and transportation support are available where appropriate and required.
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Available Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 3 pm, to participate
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Space is limited. Apply today by visiting https://forms.office.com/r/JhLAEXXAUz.
For more information, contact Nathan Muto, Program Coordinator, at [email protected] or 705.759.0909 extension 4254.