On November 20, 2023, detectives with the Drug Enforcement Unit and Crime Suppression Unit along with the Ontario Provincial Police, with assistance from the Emergency Services Unit, charged 41-year-old Travis Parsons with possession for the purpose of trafficking and several offences related to firearms and ammunition.
Police executed a search warrant at a residence in the 0-100 block of Walters Street around 10:00 p.m. on November 20, 2023. Upon arrival, police arrested the accused. The search located approximately 94 grams of suspected fentanyl, a loaded handgun, loaded rifle, 59 rounds of ammunition, and $27,805 in Canadian currency. The estimated street value of the suspected drugs seized is $37,600.
The accused is charged with:
- Possession of Schedule I Substance for Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Over $5,000
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device, or Ammunition x3
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose x2
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm x2
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm x2
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm x2
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x6
- Failure to Comply with Release Order x4
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing and subsequently remanded into custody. They are scheduled to appear in court on November 24, 2023.