(BLIND RIVER, ON) – On September 14, 2023, at approximately 11:20 a.m., the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting general patrol duties on Highway 17 in Blind River when they observed a vehicle driver with no seat belt on.
Police stopped the green pick-up truck and spoke to the driver. A strong odour of alcoholic beverage was detected emanating from their breath and numerous bottles of alcohol were observed inside the truck. Initial tests were conducted which resulted in the driver being arrested and the pick-up truck was towed and impounded.
Hayden TOSSE, 22-years-old, from St. Catherines was charged with:
- Operation while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Driver – fail to properly wear seat belt
- Driving motor vehicle with unsealed container of liquor
- Drive motor vehicle – no licence
- Fail to surrender insurance card
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake on October 5, 2023.