On February 10, 2024, officers with Patrol Services charged 56-year-old Donald Laroue with uttering threats, unauthorized possession of a firearm, and 32 other offences.
Around 8:00 p.m., 911 Communicators received a report of threats being made at a residence in the 1500 block of Base Line Road. It was reported the accused had access to several firearms and they verbally threatened someone known to them. Officers were dispatched to the accused’s residence and arrested them without incident.
A subsequent search of the residence located six improperly stored firearms and various types of ammunition scattered throughout the residence, all of which were seized.
The accused is charged with:
- Uttering Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm x6
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm x6
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x7
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device, or Ammunition x7
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking x7
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing and remanded.