On August 24, 2023, officers with the Crime Suppression Unit charged 35-year-old Eduardo Silva with 33 weapon offences.
The accused was rearrested on these charges at the Algoma Treatment and Remand Centre where they are currently being remanded in connection with a homicide in Peterborough in July 2022.
The accused was first arrested on August 22, 2023, in the 100 block of Farquhar Street on the strength of Canada-wide warrant and seven charges were laid. Search warrants for the residence were executed after their arrest and officers found the accused to be in possession of three handguns, two high-capacity magazines, over 100 rounds of ammunition, and several loaded magazines.
The accused is charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of Restricted Firearm x3
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited Device x2
- Possession Contrary to Order x12
- Possession of Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized x3
- Possession of Prohibited Device Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized x2
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose x3
- Careless Storage of Restricted Firearm x3
- Careless Storage of Prohibited Device x2
- Possession of Restricted Firearm with Ammunition x3
The accused is being remanded pending a bail hearing.