-On Monday, July 10th, 2023, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a fire in the 300 block of Dacey Road. A call for the fire came in shortly after 2:30 p.m., with a report of smoke coming from a second floor unit of the multi-unit residential dwelling.
Upon arrival, fire crews were directed to the second level of the dwelling where a pull station was activated by a resident and smoke was visible. Fire crews were able to contain the fire.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a pot on the stove left unattended. The incident is not considered to be suspicious in nature.
Fire Services would like to remind all citizens to remain in the kitchen at all times while cooking and to ensure all cooking appliances are ‘turned off’ before leaving the dwelling.
There was some damage to the dwelling unit. There were no injuries to report.