The City of Sault Ste. Marie reminds residents that parking infractions are monitored and enforced proactively by the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service and Special Constables from Norpro Security Ltd.
Motorists are reminded:
- Under by-law 77-200-5(14), parking of vehicles on city streets is not permitted from November 1 to April 30 between midnight and 6 a.m. The By-law remains in effect even when there is no snow. Weather conditions change, and when snow occurs officers from the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service and Special Constables from Norpro Security Ltd. tag and tow cars to assist Public Works with snow removal. Vehicles parked on the road during this time may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Sidewalks should not be blocked at any time day.
- Vehicles should not be parked in designated fire routes.
- Vehicles should not be parked in an accessible parking space unless a Ministry of Transportation accessible parking permit is displayed on the dashboard or sun visor with the permit number and expiry date clearly visible.
- Vehicles should not be parked on city streets facing the wrong direction.
- Vehicles should not be parked on private property without the consent of the owner or occupant.
- Vehicles should not be parked within three metres of a fire hydrant.
- Vehicles with expired license plates or without license plates are prohibited from parking on city streets.
To report a parking violation, contact: Norpro Security Ltd. Phone: 705-949-3227 Press 1 for Security and 2 for By-law enforcement, or; Sault Ste. Marie Police Phone: 705-949-6300 ext. 9
The City of Sault Ste. Marie and Sault Ste. Marie Police Service thanks motorists for their cooperation in keeping our streets safe this winter.