On Tuesday, October 10th , 2023, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a fire in the 200 block of St. George’s Avenue West. The fire started shortly after 11:00 a.m. in the residential dwelling.
Upon arrival, fire crews were directed to the basement level of the dwelling where flame and smoke were visible. Fire crews were able to contain and extinguish the fire.
PUC Services and Enbridge Gas were called to the scene.
The fire remains under investigation.
There is significant smoke damage throughout the residence, with minor fire damage to the basement area. There were no injuries to report.