The kids are taking over!
The Soo Greyhounds are pleased to announce the 2024 NextGen Game will be Sunday, March 3rd when the Hounds host the Sarnia Sting (2:07 PM).
In this family-oriented game, kids (8-16) will have the opportunity to apply to help out Greyhounds staff in both hockey and business operations and experience what it’s like to be a member of the Hounds!
From Jr. Coach and Equipment Manager to Radio Broadcaster, PA Announcer, Game Day staff and more – our littlest fans will mentor with a member of our staff and be a part of all the action this day.
It’s our way of introducing our local youth to the sports world and allow them to get up-close and personal behind the scenes of what goes into a game day at the GFL Memorial Gardens.
Those successfully selected to fill one of the opportunities will receive two (2) tickets for the game for family members.
Application form links and details are located in the story on soogreyhounds.com.
Submission deadline is 11:59 PM on Thursday, February 22nd.
PLEASE NOTE, along with completing the appropriate application below – parent’s are asked to submit a video application of their child 2 minutes or less explaining why they are the best person and why they want to be a part of their selected position.
Upload the video to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/dagqhrNxBX0dr4D5p8Aw
Children (8-16) are ONLY eligible to apply for ONE of the positions so please choose appropriately.
ONLY those selected to fill each position will be notified.
Jr. Coach (One spot available)• Go on the bench during warm-ups
• Join the coaches for the pre-game player meeting
• Talk with the players in the dressing room prior to the game and announce starting line-up
• Go on the bench during pre-game for the anthem and ceremonies
Jr. Equipment Manager (One spot available)• Help get the room ready for the game
• Assist Equipment Manager with any duties as required
• Assist at Greyhounds warm-up
• Stand on bench for pre-game ceremonies
Jr. Radio Broadcaster (One spot available)• Join radio broadcasters for duration of the game on-air
• Take part in a pre-game or intermission interview
• Learn about radio broadcasting and sports broadcasting
Jr. PA Announcer (One spot available)• Welcome the Soo Greyhounds onto the ice
• Make any announcements in-game as necessary, including Greyhounds goal calls
• Announce the Three Stars of the Game
• Assist PA announcer as directed
Jr. DJ (One spot available)• Help choose music during the game
• Get a tour of the Control Room and game operations facilities
Jr. Game Day Manager (One spot available)• Assist with Game Day presentation and activities throughout the afternoon
• Help set-up events for the day
• Be provided tour of all three levels of GFL Memorial Gardens
• Helmet required
Jr. In-Game Host (One spot available)• Assist with fun in-game activations for fans
• Read any promotions as required
• Help with intermission activities
• Helmet required