On September 5, 2023, officers with the Emergency Services Unit charged 25-year-old Jacques Roy with assault with a weapon, using a firearm in the commission of offence, and several other offences.
Around 11:30 a.m., 911 Communicators received a report of a disturbance at a residence in the 0-100 block of George Street South. The caller informed police that the accused, who is known to them, had flashed a handgun at them. Upon arrival, all occupants were called out of the residence and the accused was arrested without incident.
Further investigation found the accused to be in possession of a loaded semi-automatic handgun and a magazine containing ammunition.
The accused is charged with:
- Assault with Weapon
- Using Firearm in Commission of Offence
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Careless Use of Firearm
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Failure to Comply with Probation Order x2
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing and has since been remanded.