Chimney Fire Contained at Queen St Home


On Saturday, November 25th, 2023, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call of a fire in the 1000 block of Queen Street East. The fire started shortly before 8:00 p.m. in the chimney of the single-family dwelling.

Upon arrival, fire crews were directed to the exterior of the dwelling where sparks were visible from the chimney. Fire crews were able to contain the fire.

Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services would like to remind all citizens to have their chimney and fireplaces inspected and cleaned annually by a licensed contractor.

There is minimal damage to report. There were no injuries to report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *