The following City facilities and services will be closed Monday, July 3 for the Canada Day statutory holiday:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- GFL Memorial Gardens, office, and Box Office
- John Rhodes Centre arenas and pool and the Northern Community Centre
- Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre
- Seniors Centres (Bay Street Active Living Centre and Northern Community Centre Seniors 55+)
- Public Works office. For 24-hour emergency service, call 705-759-5201
- Sault Transit office
Garbage & Recycling Collection
No garbage, leaf and yard waste or recycling pickup on Monday, July 3. Monday’s collection will be moved to Tuesday.
|Garbage Leaf and Yard Waste (Collection B)||Recycling|
|Regular Garbage/Leaf and Yard Waste Day||Week of July 3||Regular Recycling Collection Day||Week of July 3|
Leaf and Yard Waste is collected on your scheduled garbage day every second week. To view the Leaf and Yard Waste collection calendar, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste
The City’s landfill will be closed July 1 – July 3 and will reopen July 4 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot will be closed July 1 – July 3 and will reopen July 4 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/waste or call Public Works and Engineering Services at 705-759-5201.
There will be no regular transit service on Saturday, July 1. Only Parabus service will operate.
Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
Open 7 days per week including Canada Day 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sault Ste. Marie Poutine Fest June 29 – July 2
James L. McIntyre Centennial and North Branch Library will be closed July 1 to July 3.
Both marinas are open July 3 from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Bellevue Marina – open July 2 to September 5 Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Friday to Sunday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Bondar Marina – open July 2 to September 4 Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Friday to Sunday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Seasonal launch passes are $58.41 and are available from the fuel kiosk at Bellevue marina during regular operating hours or at the Community Development and Enterprise Services office at the Civic Centre. Debit or Credit card is preferred. Boaters can also download the Passport Parking mobile app and use zone 3759 for daily launch.
Outdoor pools/Splash Pad
The Peter G. Manzo and V.E. Greco pools are open 1 – 7 p.m., weather permitting.
The Bellevue Park Splash Pad is open daily 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Canada Day Events
July 1 at the Roberta Bondar Park Tent Pavilion. Opening ceremonies begin at 2 p.m., followed by entertainment and attractions throughout the day.
A carefully controlled fireworks display will begin at dusk. Note that the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry has imposed a fire ban for the Municipality of Sault Ste. Marie. Open-air burning permits and consumer firework permits will not be issued at this time.