On January 12, 2024, officers with patrol services charged 30-year-old Michelle Lapointe with a variety of drug and weapon offences.
Around 2:00 a.m., officers patrolling the area of Wellington Street East at Pine Street conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle driven by the accused. The accused was identified and was known to have a warrant for their arrest from an incident occurring last August. They were arrested on the strength of the warrant.
On August 23, 2023, detectives began investigating an incident involving a firearm in the 100 block of Farquhar Street in which someone else was arrested in connection with a Peterborough homicide. At the time of this arrest, the accused was located inside the residence with this individual. A subsequent search of the residence located three handguns, two high-capacity magazines, ammunition, and several magazines loaded with ammunition. As a result, a warrant was issued for the accused’s involvement with the firearms.
After their arrest on January 12, 2024, officers searched the accused and found them to be in possession of a collapsible baton and small quantities of suspected fentanyl, cocaine, and methamphetamine.
The accused is charged with:
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition x3
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm x3
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device, or Ammunition x5
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose x4
- Unauthorized Possession of Weapon x3
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There Was Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Possession of Schedule I Substance x3
The accused is being held in custody pending a bail hearing.